Robyn Elms xx
Who is Robyn Elms?
An optimistic individual who enjoys sharing my new found knowledge and experiences (both good and bad) with others. In a nutshell, I am passionate about helping others in a variety of ways and see this blog in conjunction with my YouTube channel as an effective platform to do this.
What are you passionate about?
Some of my passions include, but are not limited to: food and nutrition; health and fitness; fashion and expression; sustainable living; conscious consumerism; minimalism; conservation; travel and exploration; plastic free living; awareness; savvy shopping and financial stability; philanthropy; and blogging.
Do you have a day job and do you enjoy it?
I currently work part time as a swimming teacher. I do enjoy it as it brings back memories from when I was a competitive swimmer. Most of all, I find it rewarding knowing that I am teaching people of all ages aquatic life skills that they may later rely on. Not just that though, swimming is a great sport for fitness as it works the entire body and apparently life long participation in swimming helps you to stay younger for longer.
What are some of my aims in life?
- To launch a sustainable clothing brand that plants trees – DONE (I am the Founder of VAYN, https://vayntribe.bigcartel.com/)
- To publish a recipe book (or e-book) with simple, easy to follow recipes that are affordable and easy to follow, to help to remove as many barriers as possible to nutritious home-cooking.
- To have an organic following of at least 100k followers on my Instagram, YouTube channel or Blog.
- To be a professional model in the fashion industry and promote conservation projects though powerful photography on a regular basis (at least once a week).
- Set up a charitable foundation, where I can help with humanitarian and sustainability projects.
- For my blog to win some kind of award and get recognition for my contribution to my blog community. We all like to get credit when it is due..
- To have done motivational speeches or deliver topic specific speeches to audiences of at least 100 people.
- Sing soulful music on a regular basis to an audience of at least 50 a week.
- Make a music video.
- Perform an African dance routine to one of my fave afro-beats artist’s music.
- Make a movie that shows the world to have humility and to treat each other better.
- Open a night club that focusses on celebrating the success of others and helping others grow (work hard, play hard).
P.S. I want to achieve all this whilst I am still in my twenties (I am 21 at the time of writing this).
Do I have any Life Mottos?
- Take it one step at a time.
- You only live once.
- You might die tomorrow, so you might as well go for it.
- Stay Positive.
- Don’t work hard. Work smart.
- Don’t follow the crowd. Be different.
- Less is more.
- Have the serenity to accept the things you cannot change, the courage to change the things you can and the wisdom to know the difference.
- The grass isn’t greener on the other side. It is greener where you water it.
Love & Peace,
Passionate about preserving the planet.